Saturday, March 28, 2015

UUMC Spring Thrift Sale Results

     This morning I went to the Spring Thrift Sale at the University United Methodist Church across the street from Washburn University. I advertised this sale in my blog a while ago. The sale was yesterday on the 27th and ended today on the 28th at noon. The sale items were categorized and divided between different rooms. For example, there was a room for clothing and shoes, a room for holiday items and an area for books, movies and music. 
     I spent the majority of my time sifting through clothing and shoe racks. Today the rule was filling up a bag and paying only four dollars for it! I struck gold with several items as evident from the photos. I purchased nine shirts, two pairs of shoes, a makeup bag, a silver necklace and two belts; and all 15 items only cost me $4.50! All my experience has taught me that church thrift sales and garage sales generally have lower prices than higher quality stores like Plato's Closet. Most items at this thrift sale were less than five dollars which made it hard not to splurge.

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to pay more attention to advertisements for sales like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't have a chance to make it to this one, but it seemed like the perfect chance to find some really cool items. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church sales are the best, and I have found that they typically have better items too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always found that to be true. My church back home in Overland Park has an annual garage sale which has sort of become my shopping spree for the year!

      Delete
  4. The problem with these sales are...though everything is so cheap...you spend way too much money on stuff you probably don't even need simply because its cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I address this issue in one of my other posts. It's always been really hard for me not to splurge on cheap items. I have to remind myself to only buy what I NEED and not what I WANT.

      Delete