Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Celebrities Can Thrift Too!

Thrift shopping is an easy way to save money while still finding and creating a style that is all your own. Due to the "saving money" factor celebrities are probably the last people you'd expect to bump into while you're surfing the racks in a second-hand shop. Nonetheless before and even after they became famous several well-known celebrities were and are proud thrift shoppers! 

The "New Girl" actress, Zooey Deschanel loves thrift 
stores because they're a great place to shop for 
vintage looks. "I didn't have a lot of money, so 
I got things for, like $2, $3, and made myself 
look as good as I could. Limitations make you 
more creative." 

The "Runaway Bride" star, Julia Roberts said, in 2012, that she loves shopping at thrift store 
for her children. She reportedly purchases 
"gently used" clothing for herself.



 
The environmental campaigner, Daryl Hannah loves to shop at thrift stores because she doesn't like to buy brand new clothes. "There are so many 
magazines featuring pictures of celebrities in a 
different outfit every time that it 
fuels discontentment in the rest of us, making us 
crave new clothes, new make-up, new hairstyles, 
which isn’t good for us or the environment."

Debbie Harry, lead singer of the punk rock 
band Blondie, loves thrift shopping. 
"You have to go in and hunt and it 
can be very entertaining."

Ryan Tedder, the frontman for OneRepublic, has been thrift store shopping almost his entire life. "I've thrift shopped since I was 13 and half of my wardrobe to this day are still the same shirts 
I had when I was 17, 18."
Photo Credit 


R&B singer-songwriter, 
Janelle Monae 
likes to find original clothing at thrift 
stores. "I like one-of-a-kind pieces. I 
don't like everybody walking around 
in stuff that I have on."

5 comments:

  1. I love Zooey Deschanel! She is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zooey Deschanel is bae, and I want to be her when I grow up. So basically, anything she thinks is cool, I'm all for! #yaythrifting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people consider celebrities to be role models so I'm happy that so many of them are pro-thrifting.

      Delete