Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Art of Thrifting: An Introduction

     My name is Amy Reinhardt and I am a thrifter. I am currently attending Washburn University as a junior studying Mass Media. Outside of school I am a girl who loves her shopping. At this moment you're all probably imagining me walking out of a huge department store carrying tons of bags and having maxed out credit cards, right? Well, that isn't exactly the kind of shopping I do.
     In high school I made the remarkable discovery of second-hand thrift stores. I realized very quickly that I could find and buy the same kinds of clothing and accessories for more than half the price that department stores and boutiques charge for them. To most people, thrift stores have acquired a horrible reputation for being unsanitary, cheap and even dangerous. My goal for this blog is to restore their reputation by expelling all those erroneous, adverse rumors. 
     By shopping at thrift stores I have had the incredible opportunity to save a substantial amount of money while creating a unique sense of style for myself. Both of those factors are certainly elements that college students can relate to. After all, who wouldn’t want to stretch their dollars a little bit further these days? I am extremely overjoyed to be able to blog about a topic that has been a part of my life for so many years and I look forward to sharing all of my experiences and advice with each of you.
  

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are going to show us some of the awesome things you've found on your adventures. I rarely have the patience for thrifty shopping. Plus, my lack of knowledge about "the" brands makes it challenging to appreciate how much of a bargain I am getting. However, after reading your blog from post 11 backward, I am convinced to give it another go. Perhaps we'll run into each other over break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrifting is one of my favorite past times! I've found some of my favorite new outfits while out thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we have that in common. I've been doing it since high school and I'll probably never stop!!

      Delete